Thursday 22 July 2010

Middle Aged Spread

Yesterday I reached a bench mark and it’s not one that I’m proud of! When I was younger, people always commented on how I could eat and eat and eat and not put on any weight. But more recently I have been developing a ‘Middle Aged Spread’, much to my dismay. So yesterday I weighed myself and discovered that for the first time in my life I have hit 14 stone; I am officially overweight.

I think this is due to my time being taken up with family life, which by the way, I love and would never swap for anything. I used to be quite fit, but now when I start doing circuit training again, I’m going to have to attend the beginners classes.

Also, comfortable living. Let’s face it, Sarah is a good cook and I’m not bad myself, so good food is in no short supply in this house. Also, the sheer amount of beer that I’ve been consuming of late might have had something to do with my weight gain.

Hope is not lost though, as last week we went to our local swimming pool/gym to enquire about membership, which it turns out is very affordable. So we’ll be joining in August/September. I’ll Blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment